Have you ever wondered what makes a person alluring? Such an attribute stems from understated beauty or subtle details. A luxury watch has similar qualities and, thus, elevates your style. It is the ultimate masterpiece of an outfit that reflects decorum, achievement and personal tastes. Owning any luxury timepiece is a worthwhile investment. Here are five tips to consider when buying luxury watches for men:
(1) A luxury watch holds a good investment value. The four big names you should look for when entering the watch-investing game are Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Richard Mille and Patek Philippe. Such luxury items increase in value over time or hold their value (unlike a car that depreciates).
(2) Timeless quality adds value to any item. It is worth investing in classic chronograph or GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) watches, which are the benchmark for day-to-evening wear. Buy from a recognised retailer, and ensure that your watch comes with the necessary paperwork and receipt to validate its authenticity.
(3) Choose a piece that conveys sprezzatura, like a classic Rolex or Cartier. An understated item suggests effortless style.
(4) Purchase a fit-for-purpose model, such as stainless steel or titanium. Such models are long-lasting.
(5) Wear your luxury watch with pride. You have worked hard for it. Maintenance is critical, so keep your timepiece in its storage case. Also, ensure regular services.
The super-wealthy purchase watches with hefty price tags. Reportedly, Jay-Z owns a Richard Mille worth at least $2.2 million. On the other hand, the average price range of a mid-to-high-end luxury watch is £2,000–£3,000 for most consumers. Not everyone is super-rich, but you can look very stylish without the super expensive price tag. The following are five luxury watches that make for a more affordable investment:
(1) Gucci Skateboard-inspired grip watch. Priced at £1,400
(2) Rolex Oyster Perpetual yellow 36mm variant. Priced at £4,450
(3) Michael Kors “Oversized Gage Black-Tone And Woven” effort. Priced at £219
(4) Paul Smith Black Leather Chronograph. Priced at £269
(5) Thomas Sabo Rebel At Heart Chronograph. Priced at £498
For your security and that of your children, invest in timeless commodities when you’re in a solid financial position. To work hard in vain is a fool’s game. Instead, work towards building a safety net around yourself to guarantee future financial security. Reportedly, high-net-worth individuals are still buying watches during the pandemic. Work hard, be smart and invest well. Here are five super-luxury watches for the super-wealthy:
(1) Audemars Piguet Flyback Chronograph. Priced at £51,800
(2) Patek Phillippe 40mm Steel-Case Automatic Watch. Priced at £21,710
(3) Piaget. Priced on application
(4) Chanel J12 X-Ray with Sapphire Crystal. Priced at £485,000
(5) Jaeger-Lecoultre 16-Piece limited Edition. Priced at £310,000